Saturday, October 6, 2012

Review: Flukes - Nichole Chase


Synopsis:

Meena has a secret guarded closely by her family—a secret as dangerous as the sea, and buried just as deep. When court appointed community service workers are assigned to Flukes, the family-owned animal sanctuary, everyone is on high alert. It doesn’t help that Meena finds herself attracted to sexy-as-sin Blake Weathering, one of the new workers. If he wasn’t so distracting, she might be able to land Flukes a much-needed cruise line contract.
Blake Weathering, the first in his family to attend public school, has developed a tough image. Unfortunately it lands him in trouble. Now banned from his high school graduation ceremony, getting his diploma is dependent upon a community service gig cleaning fish crap. No diploma, no trust fund fortune—and no way to escape his overbearing father. The last thing he needs is the distraction of a mysterious girl with teal eyes who pulls at his heart strings.

When Blake discovers Meena’s secret, they are both thrown into a desperate search for information about her past. Two worlds pull them in opposite directions, and they will have to fight to hold onto all that really matters.





           Hootie Says:

I just FLUKED in my pants!

 I love being a book blogger!

 Thank God for ARC's! This was such an 

interesting story I couldn't stop reading!! Who knew

 Mermaids were cool as shit! I mean we all loved The 

Little Mermaid when we were kids right?



So Flukes starts out with Meena being discovered by a husband and wife who can't have kids, so they decided to keep her and raise her as human. She grows up helping out on their island sanctuary that rescues hurt animals. This sanctuary is also used as a work release kind of program that employs "misfits" in society. When Hottie Mchot Hot Blake rolls up on his Motorcycle Meena can't help but think he is fine! That is until he starts bad mouthing her beloved home and sanctuary! 


Meena instantly starts to dislike him, or so she thinks! As they work together her dad starts to push her towards him more and more. They start to realize something is happening between them that neither can explain. Meena comes face to face with something far worse than she ever thought existed and two other mermaids roll up on the scene and bring the dramz!

I was so blown away by this book! I haven't read too many mermaid stories but this was one of my ultimate favorites! The story was interesting and kept you hooked until the last page! I know I say that about every book I read but I can't help it because when a book is good, there is nothing that can drag me away! It was so cool to see how Meena was able to go from land to water. Speaking of water this book had some really steamy moments!



I was surprised it got so intense, I wasn't upset AT ALL! I was just surprised! So obviously shit gets real between Meena and Blake. They are drawn to each other and can't help but take things to the next level! That was some hotness right there! I would recommend the book on the story alone but the saucy parts make it that much more enjoyable!!! Most people know I have no love life of my own so when I can live vicariously through a character that is a bonus! My favorite scene for (obvious reasons) is the midnight swim Blake and Meena take.


If you don't like a little spice in your romance then I don't think you are really human! HOLY SHIT! You could be a zombie!! So you might want to go have that checked out! Overall this was a kick ass book and I loved it very, very much! The end was a little abrupt but doesn't really matter because it was such a good ending!



Add it to your TBR list HERE







No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments so lay it on us! Thanks for stopping by!