Sunday, November 3, 2013

Globug's Review of GREED (by author Fisher Amelie)



Published October 29,2013
NA Contemporary Romance
by Author Fisher Amelie

ABOUT GREED (Book 2 in the Seven Deadly Series):

Gather ‘round, love, because I want you. I want what you have, I want what you don’t have, I want more of what I already have. I want. But if you so much as ask for something in return, go ahead and walk away. Know if you want to play in my world, it’s every man for themselves and the weak become mine. Leeches will be obliterated because I make it my job to destroy them. I protect what’s mine and I take what’s yours...because that’s what I do. I want.

My story will not endear me to you and, frankly, I could care less if it does because I’m in this for the money and nothing else. There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a corrupt, money hungry, immoral asshole from Los Angeles. I’m every man’s worst nightmare and every girl’s fantasy.

I’m Spencer Blackwell...And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most coveted guy to the guy no one wanted around and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.


Globug's Take

My first thought after reading that synopsis was don't believe everything you read. Spencer is so self deprecating. And technically, he should be in some aspects. His spoiled and privileged life style have him always wanting for more. But Spencer has a heart of gold. He loves his mother and sister. His father is essentially the devil and forces Spencer to do his biding. Spencer can barely face himself in the mirror after helping his father wreck the lives of his business competitors so he can gain more power. He just wants to escape his father's control and that requires money. So one more time running the devils errand and he should be set to leave.

Of course, that's if things go as planned, which they never do right? Now the real Spencer gets to shine as he steps up to be his sisters hero and maybe even save his own soul. Spencer and Bridget leave home and go into hiding at a ranch in Montana. Spencer goes to work on the ranch to earn their keep and repay the hospitality of his college roommate's family.  After working for several weeks he feels accomplished and truly valuable for first time in his life. He feels proud himself but not worthy of the girl who has caught his attention.

Cricket was probably the last thing Spencer expected to find on the ranch. Not only the sexiest little thing he's ever seen but smart and feisty as well. It's too bad she has a boyfriend. Also unfortunate is the secret Cricket hides. None of the family is quick to include Spencer and Bridge on what Cricket has to hide. But as she works almost daily with Spencer it becomes no secret that they are drawn to each other. Both of them try to resist the building emotions and attraction. Just as they choose a future together, the pasts catches up to both of them.

I didn't see it coming. I honestly had a shock and awe moment when Cricket's secret is revealed. Spencer proves just how devoted to love and family he is. I was an emotional mess with worry that the author wasn't going give me the happily ever after that I was hoping for. I'm all for "lessons learned" stories but I want the character to be rewarded for learning the lesson with a happy ending. Thanks heavens Fisher Amelie brought the happy. I loved GREED! It was sinfully good (see what I  did there). I'm ready for the next sin.

Favorite Quote

"I'm going to tell you something, but this can only be said once," she began, and took another shaky breath,"I suffer for you," she barely got out. "I want to be near you always. I'm falling in love with you and it's-it's a sweet agony, however, it's still an agony."

 My pick for Spencer (model Jeff Kasser)




About Fisher Amelie:

Fisher Amelie is the author of The Leaving Series, Callum & Harper and Thomas & January. She began her writing career as a copywriter for an internet marketing company wherein one of their client's said, 'Hey! You're funny. You should write books'. Which in turn she said, 'Hey, get out of here! This is the lady's restroom.' While washing her hands and the embarrassment from her face, she thought they may have had a valid point. So, she took the thousands of hours of writing stories growing up, tucked them into her pocket and began writing and writing and writing.











3 comments:

  1. Sorry...what did you say? I was busy staring at the cover. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started this one! I adore Fisher's writing. She's incredibly talented.

    ReplyDelete

We love getting your comments so lay it on us! Thanks for stopping by!