Thursday, November 8, 2012

Review: Leave Me Breathless by Cherrie Lynn



Synopsis from Goodreads:


It's Valentine's Day, but Macy Rodgers isn't feeling the love. Aside from a torrid, one-night fling in a backseat a few months back, her love life has been sorely lacking, but fortunately she has devious friends who feel like playing Cupid. Wouldn't they be shocked to learn that the match they've made for her is the same one that steamed up the back of that '69 GTO...

Seth "Ghost" Warren has just returned to town after an extended absence. Between his grandmother's failing health, his job as a tattoo artist, his band's gigs, and a crazy ex that won't leave him alone, he's stretched thin. Cautious cowgirl Macy is the last thing he needs thrown into the mix.

She's all country, he's all heavy metal—and Macy knows that if anyone can propel her out of her rut, it's Seth. But when their worlds collide, it's anyone guess if they'll survive with their hearts intact.

Warning: Contains explicit sex, graphic language, road trips, trouble making exes, emotional baggage, and an unconventional but exceptionally hot hero tatted and pierced for your pleasure...



Hootie Says:


I started reading this series bass ackwards! I read Rock Me first and thought nothing could be hotter than Brian and Candace, then I read Unleashed and Evan and Kelsey claimed my favorite couple spot. Little did I realize a big muscular guy with a shaved head and tattoos would knock ALL of them down! This book was hands down my favorite!!! I didn't realize when we got that small glimpse of Macy and Ghost in Rock Me that we would get such epic-ness! The story kicks off with Macy out on Valentines night with her friends trying to cheer her up, when Seth "Ghost" Warren shows up. Macy is the COMPLETE opposite from Ghost seeing as how they are in a country bar.

"What in the actual fuck are we doing in a Honky-Tonk?"

Macy is feeling a little down because she thinks she doesn't fit in with her eclectic group of friends. She ends up sitting next to Ghost who immediately starts getting a little frisky, making her nervous. They end up back in the same spot they left off at almost a year prior, in his GTO! (The hotness in this scene was just a small taste of what is to come!) 

"Happy Valentines Day"

It's obvious they are into each other, because as the story progresses shit heats up to max boiling point which left me panting and wishing I had a man instead of just a shower massage.





Macy was a professional horse rider until an accident ended her career. One night after Ghost takes her on a real date he tries to help talk her into getting back into the riding scene. I loved how patient and sweet Ghost was to Macy when it came to her vulnerabilities. You wouldn't think a big guy with piercings and tattoos had a soft side. 


“Baby, a little something about me you might not know yet… I don’t run that easily. And you don’t scare me.”

Let us take a moment to bask in the sexiness that is Ghost!




Jesus... was... JEWISH! I almost couldn't handle the hot factor that is Seth "Ghost" Warren. He's not just a sexual beast he had a vulnerability that made me fall in love with him a hundred times in this book. He had some problems that caused him to feel less than worthy of someone like Macy and his crazy bitch ex stirred the pot and caused ultimate chaos! We learned a few things about Ghosts' past heartaches and the reasons why he is reluctant to get involved in relationships. My poor baby, I just wanted to snuggle him in my bosom! 


"You are the best I’ve ever had. If all we do from now on is straight missionary sex at eight p.m. on Tuesday nights of months that start with J, you’ll still be the best I’ve ever had.”

UGH! I have always had a weakness for guys like Ghost. I think that is why I have such a hard on for him! There were so many great moments in this book and we get to see glimpses of past characters that made me supremely ecstatic! The relationship between Macy and her best friend Candace grew deeper in this book once they had a heart to heart talk about everything.


“Great. In other words, ‘You’re a raging bitch only a best friend could love’. I had no idea I had so little self-awareness.”




The shit hits the fan 3/4 of the way through and I wanted to puke! Sitting at work trying not to go ape shit was really hard. Ghost has a really psycho ex girlfriend (Raina) who got on my damn nerves throughout the book. I don't think I have ever had the desire to crawl inside a book and beat a characters ass more than with this book! Thankfully though Macy knows how to handle stupid skanks trying to bring drama!


“I might look like a wimpy rich bitch, Raina, but I only look that way. I know people. I’ve wrestled animals bigger than you. And I can shoot.”



TOTAL. FUCKING. WIN. This shit gave me lady wood! I wanted to stand up and clap like a dumbass when I read this scene!!







This was such a fantastic edition to the series, and I am so thankful that Cherrie decided to listen to the fans and write the story these two characters deserved. It's really hard to top a first book in a series but it was accomplished 100% with Leave me Breathless. It made me actually wish the characters really existed because they were so real , and down to earth just like you would want your good friends to be! This book left me with an enormous high I am still riding the wave of. It's worthy of more than 5 stars but I guess the book rating system is still hung up on Ed McMahon and star search! (If he were alive I would totally do him!)





 The only thing I am curious about is the mystery sister of Brian and Evan Ross. I have thought about her since Rock Me and have often wondered if she would get a story......hmm maybe Cherrie will respond to this question lol!  OK my babies I'm going to get my grub on, you go check out this book!



                                               -Hootie




 
  Get it for your Kindle





Like Cherrie on: Facebook

Follow on twitter: @CherrieLynn

Check out her website: http://cherrielynn.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments so lay it on us! Thanks for stopping by!