Friday, November 2, 2012

Review: About Last Night by Ruthie Knox



Synopsis from Goodreads:

Cath Talarico knows a mistake when she makes it, and God knows she’s made her share. So many, in fact, that this Chicago girl knows London is her last, best shot at starting over. But bad habits are hard to break, and soon Cath finds herself back where she has vowed never to go . . . in the bed of a man who is all kinds of wrong: too rich, too classy, too uptight for a free-spirited troublemaker like her.

Nev Chamberlain feels trapped and miserable in his family’s banking empire. But beneath his pinstripes is an artist and bohemian struggling to break free and lose control. Mary Catherine—even her name turns him on—with her tattoos, her secrets, and her gamine, sex-starved body, unleashes all kinds of fantasies.

When blue blood mixes with bad blood, can a couple that is definitely wrong for each other ever be perfectly right? And with a little luck and a lot of love, can they make last night last a lifetime?



Hootie Says:

Holy Shit! Yes! This book was amazing! I have never felt so connected to a character as I did while reading this book. 

Cath was such a wonderful, complex well developed character who saw her life as tragic. Bad things seemed to follow her and that ended up shaping her to be a tough, no nonsense person. After her dad died she took it hard and started acting out which in turn pushed her mother to move back to London. Cath stayed back in the states with family and made a series of bad choices that landed her in hot water. Once she found out her mother was sick she headed to London to try and start fresh with her life. She ends up tattooing her mistakes on herself to remind her not to make anymore. Cath felt like bad things happened to her back to back, and that's how I felt connected to her character. It seems like all the crappy things in my life happen in sequential groupings. My heart broke for Cath once it comes out what has happened to her. It was beautifully tragic and amazing all at once. 

The relationship between Nev and Cath was...



Whoo! I needed a cold shower by the time I was done! There were several moments in this book where the romance heats up between these two making for some good reading! Mama like a little heat in her romance OK! Nev was so charming and sexy he made me wish he was real! I loved it when he got Bossy and demanding with her.

"Turn around"

"Spread your legs"

"Bend Over"

Fucking pinch me! That is hot just writing it! His sexy factor gets kicked up a notch because the man is ENGLISH! who doesn't bend over for a British accent? Hell any accent will do it for me lol! Nev wasn't just a demanding sex god he was also very tender and sweet when he needed to show Cath how he felt.

"I promise you Cath you won't regret me"

"If you don't turn up I'll be thinking of you, but I'd rather you turned up"

How sweet! I just love when a male character is romantic and sexy! His mother and his brother though I could do without. I can't stand stuck up rich people who look down on others. His mother was a total bitch but I love how the author made you hate her at one point but love her by the end! That is a really hard thing to do for me! Once I hate a character I usually won't change my mind. His brother Winston is still on my shit list though! The book as a whole was awesome. I laughed, I cried, and jumped for joy. I also think Ruthie owes me some...




Because the hot parts of this book were that juicy! (PUN INTENDED!) Behind all that sexy goodness is a really great story, so check it out!! 


***ARC PROVIDED BY NETGALLEY***


Check it out on Amazon it's only $2.99!!

Add it on: GOODREADS

Author's Website: http://www.ruthieknox.com/

Follow on twitter: https://twitter.com/RuthieKnox

Like Ruthie on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RuthieKnox?fref=ts





-Hootie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments so lay it on us! Thanks for stopping by!