Thursday, November 24, 2011

Review of Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

"Shatter Me", such a perfect title for this book. As you read from the perspective of Juliette, a girl who is broken, you feel shattered as she is. The timing and the way the author repeats words and phrases made me feel like I couldn't think straight, like the character would feel. I often felt like I was reading poetry because the descriptions were so brilliant.
Juliette is girl who can't touch anyone without causing pain or death. That is until Adam comes along. As they both try to survive and escape the Reestablishment they are able to explore their love for one another and admit to feelings that've had since they were children. The supporting characters are perfect and bring humor and aminosity to the story.
I loved the book and I'm broken now that I have to wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments so lay it on us! Thanks for stopping by!