Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Globug's Year in Review 2014



Favorite book of the year!

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
 Globug's Review

Not only my favorite book of 2014 but takes the top spot on my list of most favorite books EVER!

Author links:
Twitter
FaceBook
Author Website
Amazon
Barnes & Noble




Top 10 reads in no particular order


-How We Deal With Gravity
 author Ginger Scott

-Stage Dive Series
 author Kylie Scott

Lick (Stage Dive #1): Amazon / B&N / Goodreads
Play (Stage Dive #2): Amazon / B&N / Goodreads
Lead (Stage Dive #3) Amazon // B&N // iTunes


Deep (Stage Dive #4) available on January 6th, 2015:
 Amazon / B&N /Goodread


-Scoring Wilder
 author R.S. Grey

-When I Break
 author Kendall Ryan



-Outlander
 author Diana Gabaldon

 Amazon  
I became completely obsessed  with Outlander, the books and the TV show. After watching the first two episodes of the TV series on Starz I had to have the books. I was shocked at how long each book in the series was but I couldn't put them down. I was also shocked that the first book in the series is 20 years old. The lead characters Jamie and Claire are by far my favorite couple.



-Kylie Ryans Series
 author Caisey Quinn


-Last Call series
 author Sawyer Bennett


With a Twist due for release January 6, 2015


Shaken Not Stirred is under construction ;)

 







-Seeing Stars
 author Jenn Sterling
This was such a feel good read. So refreshing to not struggle emotionally through a good book sometimes. 



-This is Falling
 author Ginger Scott
 
Ginger Scott has become one of my favorite authors. I highly recommend you read all of her books.



-Boys of the South
 author Marquita Valentine
The whole series was amazing

Favorite Novellas

-Maybe Not
 author Colleen Hoover


-Happenstance
 author Jamie McGuire


-Legal Affair
 author Sawyer Bennett


-Untamed (The Brothers Wilde Collection)
authors Victoria Green & Jinsey Reese
Jinsey Reese Links:
Victoria Green Links:


-The English Brothers
 author Katy Regnery

Must Reads:

White Hot Kiss (by Jennifer L. Armentrout), Under Different Stars (by Amy Bartol), Filthy Beautiful Lies (by Kendall Ryan), Nocte (by Courtney Cole), The Accidental Assassin (by Nichole Chase),

Best Moments of 2014

Top spot goes to finally meeting photographer Scott Hoover. I've been a huge fan of his work for a few years and was thrilled when he decided to join the romance novel world. His photos of male models have been the perfect visual representations of all my book boyfriends. As his biggest fan and (self proclaimed) favorite fool I was out-of-my-mind excited to meet him at the Love N Vegas book event.
Links:
FaceBook
Scott Hoover Photography


Another huge moment for me was getting to finally meet author Natasha Boyd at Book Bash in Orlando. Her book Eversea is on my list of most favorite books ever.








I made my first trip to Nashville TN last January for a book event with authors Elizabeth Lee and Caisey Quinn. I'm so down for doing that again.





Book Bash was also my first and hopefully not last time seeing Griffin Peterson perform. His music added so much magic to Maybe Someday. Griffin and his band gave a crazy good performance and were so kind meeting all of his fans.


Of course I have to mention meeting some of the sexiest male cover models. Thanks to Love N Books who brought all these insanely gorgeous men to a book event. These models were incredibly edible, I mean sweet. You can imagine how insane the ladies can be at a Romance novel book signing. I was so impressed with how patient and generous these guys were. They put up with a lot from just me so I can imagine they were overwhelmed. Thanks for all the hugs and laughs: Jase Dean, Stuart Reardon, Drew Leighty, Aaron McGuire, Mike Gleason, Brandyn Farrell, Pepe Toth, Zeb Ringle,and Darrell Thomas. Please cum again ;)


 It has been an amazing year. I truly have the best friends. And to think I found them all on twitter because of books. I would be lost without my best friend and blog partner Amanda HOOTIE Clark. Thanks to Nicole Martin, Katie Miller Pruitt and Autumn Hull. I couldn't ask for better friends. Loves you motherfuckers!

Thanks to all the authors who have been so generous and trusting. I always feel honored when you share your stories with me. They are my treasures.
 


Wishing you all the best and most blessed new year!!!



1 comment:

  1. Aw what a great recap! Looks like you were having a blast :) I've got Scott on my to try out list. Gah her covers! And I definitely want to read more from Sawyer. So many books. So not enough time! Happy reading this year :)

    ReplyDelete

We love getting your comments so lay it on us! Thanks for stopping by!