Thursday, October 25, 2012

Review: Finale - Becca Fitzpatrick



Synopsis from Goodreads:

Nora is more certain than ever that she is in love with Patch.
 Fallen angel or no, he is the one for her. Her heritage and destiny may mean they are fated to be enemies, but there is no turning her back on him. Now Nora and Patch must gather their strength to face one last, perilous trial. Old enemies return, new enemies are made, and a friend's ultimate betrayal threatens the peace Patch and Nora so desperately want. The battle lines are drawn—but which sides are they on? And in the end, are there some obstacles even love can't conquer?




Hootie Says:

I don't think I have ever felt this profound sense of finality before while reading a book. Not since reading the final book in The Hunger Games trilogy (Mockingjay) have I felt this way. Like I don't know what to do now that this series is over. Now all of a sudden all I can hear in my head is Celine Dion's song "Where does my heart beat now".



                            (UGH! I just love Celine Dion)

My best friends got me hooked on Hush Hush, and it was so good it sparked a deep love of reading in me that I still haven't been able to quench.

Finale starts off where Silence finished. Nora having sworn to Hank (The Black Hand) that she would lead his Nephilim army or she would forfeit her life and the life of her mother if she failed. Patch and Nora have to keep their relationship a secret so they don't upset the Nephilim but at the same time Nora has to keep her bargain with the Archangels to bring peace. I don't think I have been so nervous while reading a book EVER! I thought about just reading on the toilet because I knew eventually this book would lead me there! After having gone through all the ups and downs with Patch and Nora as we did in the first 3 books, this one sure does top all of the others for most suspenseful. I tried so hard to figure out which way the story was going to go, but every time I did it would veer off into another direction. I was second guessing EVERY. SINGLE. CHARACTER. You couldn't help it, everyone is a suspect (or so says the authorities.) 

The most shocking moment I absolutely DID NOT see coming involved a beloved character. I can't believe as many times as I have read this series I didn't see this coming! To some it might not be a surprise but to me it was and THAT gave to story a whole new punch! 

This book made me cry, and that almost NEVER happens! I mean the book has to be pretty darn drastic for me to start crying. (That should tell you a little about this book all by itself) I was beside myself with grief over a particular scene I also didn't see coming, but I won't divulge the details due to spoilers. This was one of the hardest books to read because it isn't easy to continue with a lump in your throat and tears in your eyes. It doesn't end on a sad note though. The conclusion was well done and beautifully bittersweet giving what the readers of this series craved most. Finality. I am so glad I stumbled onto this series and even though it is over I know it will stay with me for a long time to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments so lay it on us! Thanks for stopping by!