Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Review: Until Darkness Comes - Melynda Price


Series: Redemption Book 1
Genere: Paranormal Romance
Publication Date: April 2nd 2012
Format: eARC submitted for review by Publisher
Rating: 4 stars

Synopsis:
A guardian angel… A forbidden love… Eternal consequences… 
Olivia Norton was born with a gift—a gift heaven has sworn to protect, and hell is bound to destroy. Her perfect world is turned upside-down when two handsome strangers, Max and Liam, step into her life. Olivia soon discovers that her 'Mr. Perfect' is actually a perfect nightmare.

The rules of engagement have changed and Liam, Olivia's guardian angel, is forced to cross dimensional borders or risk losing the woman he’s sworn to protect. Suddenly, thrust into a world unlike anything he’s never known, Liam isn’t prepared to come face to face with the young woman whose life he holds in his hands. 
But nothing is as it seems, and secrets abound that will ultimately force him to choose between two impossibilities. Max will stop at nothing to finish what he's started, and Olivia is soon plunged into a battle between good and evil. Her very life hangs in the balance as two forces fight to win her heart.



First of all I'm gonna start by saying I am a little burnt out on Angel books at the moment. Seems like everyone is writing about angels now and I didn't think another angel story could be fresh and hold my interest. With that being said I have to say I really enjoyed this book. It captured my attention and held it throughout the story.

It Starts off with Olivia dating the Fallen Angel MAX. Max is determined to snuff out Olivia because she is the last human left who has "The Sight". Which means she can see into the realm of Angels and Demons. She starts to notice something is off about Max as the story moves forward. When Liam enters the picture all hell breaks loose between these two angels.  Liam was sent to make sure Olivia doesn't fall for Max and he does a great job because she ends up falling for him. 

Liam is the ultimate catch except he can't be caught without dire consequences. He loves Olivia but to love her would mean he has to give up everything he is. I really fell for Liam in this book. He was tough, and sweet all at once and he really cared for Olivia. Watching him try to choose between two different things he loves was difficult. He surprised me though in one scene that lead to a twist you didn't see coming.

Max....well he is the bad guy in the story. He really lives up to his Douche-bag status by going after Olivia's friend Ashley when she was vulnerable.  I thought this book was going to be on the more YA side of the spectrum, but I was surprised at how some of the scenes played out to be kinda HOT. When Ashley wakes up with bite marks in sensitive places because Max drugged her I felt so bad for her but at the same time it was erotic as hell! Who knew insinuation could be so steamy lol! 

I was surprised by how often the POV changed between characters and I loved how we got to see things from the other characters Points Of View also. Everyone got a turn with their side of the story and I really think that gave it extra kick in the plot!

This was a really good book, and I am excited about the second book comes out!










2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you enjoyed Until Darkness Comes! ;) I'll soon have a release date for Shades of Darkness, Book 2 Redemption Series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just googling reviews for this book and came across yours, I'm now so excited to start the series! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love getting your comments so lay it on us! Thanks for stopping by!